GLORIT is a powdery stabilisation agent which, dissolved in water, can be added to absolutely any type of natural soil, combined with cement to improve the soil’s mechanical characteristics. The product is neutral from a toxicity point of view.
Cement-GLORIT stabiliser is a solution which enables stabilisation of a traffic lane, track, access road or cycleway without any need for a protective layer, all while conserving a natural appearance.
Soils stabilised using GLORIT are:
- Resistant to freezing/thawing
- Permeable to water, thus facilitating the flowing away of surface water
- Resistant to a load up to 10x greater than that supported by traditional coatings
- Leave the track with a natural appearance
GLORIT is dissolved in water then spread on the ground using a water tank with a dosing system.
This step is undertaken after mixing of the soil cement, remixing is then necessary.
- Spreading of cement.
- Soil-cement mixing.
- Spreading of water + GLORIT.
- Mixing of soil-cement-GLORIT.
A cement-GLORIT treatment can likewise be used for thin coating layers.
In this case the granulate-cement mixture is then made in a concrete station or concrete mixer.
The mixture is then applied using a finisher.
- base layers
- embankment stabilisation
- open country paths and forest tracks
- consolidation of the banks of watercourses and canals
- runways of small to medium sized airfields
- parking areas, car parks
- rapid soil consolidation in sandy areas
Use of GLORIT makes possible a reduction in costs of 20 to 50 % in comparison with traditional methods, for the following reasons:
- no need for special machinery; conventional soil treatment equipment can be used.
- no transport costs for natural soils outside the site, no transport costs for the transport of aggregates and external materials on site,
- significant reduction in the time necessary for each construction, no environmental pollution,
- faster placing in service.